Thursday, September 21, 2006

The Sky's the Limit



The internet is the best thing ever invented, next to irrigated water, electricity, and Twix. Those things are so darn oh so chocolate-y delicious. Anyway, Internet is a form of mass communication, reaching millions of people. There are plenty of ways to use the internet; learn, find just about anything, research, play games, ramble about your life, read the news, send a message in two seconds to someone thousands of miles away, watch common people’s videos. The Internet has endless possibilities and “the party is just getting started”.

I found that the streets are free of boys and girls. The town is pretty much empty and thought I once saw a tumbleweed roll by my feet. Where are they? Why aren’t they outside doing what kids do? For boys, I think they are walled up in their room playing what ever online gaming that is currently popular right now. I have a prime example; my brother. All summer, that guy didn’t see the light of day. I can hear sound effects rumbling through my walls. He was playing WOW , also known as World of Warcraft. I was starting to wonder if that is healthy being holed up in a room. Well one thing is for sure, he isn’t the only kid to be playing it. He said he was leading over 200 people in his WoW community. They have Lan parties (see above picture). Kind of sad if you ask me.

But one thing I found to be a great contribution to the internet is Youtube. You can find just about anything that can be broadcasted in 8 minutes or less on Youtube. I found “Yellow Fever”. I thought it was hilarious



So if you want to learn how to fold orgami,


or play the guitar, you can find it online. You can find anything online.

No comments: