Wednesday, August 30, 2006

What type of media consumer am I?

I never thought much about it but now I realize I consume media in
any way or form. This means I surround myself with incessant chattering from radio djs hocking their latest advertising for some bed that is suppose to cure the world of backaches to reading a magazine and drooling over a bag that is worth two month's paycheck. I believe in all that the advertising world has promised me.

I admit I am a brand name whore. Radios, magazines, billboards, TV, etc. tells me I need it so I need it. I scoff at no name brands. I spend even though I shouldn't be because brand X has told me that my ass will be gorgeous in their $200 jeans. Or brand Y states that by wearing their fragrance, I'll be transported to some beautiful beach hanging out with famous movie stars. When I open my wallet but only lint butterflies escapes, I swipe my "plastic" instead. Why? Because I want a gorgeous ass while I hang out with my fellow movie stars, damn it!

Time: 3-5:30am
Medium/Specific Product(s): Internet, Mail, Ebay, Blogging, Myspace, Online assignments

No comments: